Normal people have normal things on their desks. I have strange things on my desk.
1. Books—A dozen or so books and journals. The books are in Korean or about Korea(n). I have a couple novels for adults (The Help and Before I Go to Sleep) and workbooks for first graders. I’m still reading IQ84.
2. Monogram Stamp and Red Ink Seal? Stamp—A custom monogram stamp with my name on it that I use as a bookplate and an East Asian-style red stamp/seal.
3. Magic and Back-handed Compliment Tape—In other words, mt washi tape and other brands.
4. My Camera and Two Lenses
5. My Laptop—It is beastly. It is not a Mac (Macbook Pros are everywhere here), but an Alienware.
6. Wacom Tablet
7. Map of Seoul
8. Bookstand— It’s for propping up books. It’s currently holding a ruler, a hard drive, a Kindle, and a notepad—not books.
9. Hot Guy—My illustration doesn’t do him justice.
10. .3mm and.18mm Pens and Pencils
11. Flashlight for my Bike
Not pictured (because I forgot):
12. On the top shelf: negatives produced by my two analog cameras. I haven’t used the cameras in a while because I find film obnoxious. ♥ Instead, I use an iPhone app that simulates them. I don’t have a regular 35mm camera. I have a medium format camera and a crazy camera…and they are fun, but cause problems.
13. Box of Tiny Envelopes—I have a box of tiny faux-French envelopes for tiny letters that will probably get lost in the mail.
14. A Bottle of Water
*Illustration done on the iPad in Paper and with PS CS6.