The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
There are a few parts to the Liebster. First, I’ll answer 11 questions from those who nominated me (thank you Tara and Kristine ♥). Then, I’ll nominate a few bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Where is your happy place?
A beach in northern France. I was a huge Francophile as a child, so when I think about calm and happy places, I still imagine the cool and nearly vacant beaches of Dinard that I once leisurely explored.
- If you could be in a fictional setting/world (ie: Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, etcetera) what would it be and why?
This is hard. I generally dislike fictional worlds. In trying to think of the least distasteful option, I came up with Sailormoon’s Moon Kingdom because I like moons, but one of the biggest problems with fictional worlds, for me, is that they already have designated protagonists. 😉 I’d rather not be an antagonist, but I don’t want to live in a “kingdom” at the whim of a benevolent dictator (i.e. the Queen, Queen Serenity) so the Moon Kingdom might be a bit of a problem…Thus, I’ve decided that it would be better to be a Sim in the Sims 3. I would live in a huge castle or baroque palace in Monte Vista with maxed out skills in everything and a handsome, brilliant, compassionate husband. I’d play piano, violin, build robots, and perform as an acrobat from time to time, all while being “Leader of the Free World.”
- What is your all-time favourite film?
The Classic—it’s a Korean film I love. It’s also the last film I watched with my father.
- Where on earth is Carmen Sandiego?
I don’t know. I asked Google via its “I’m Feeling Lucky” button, but Google was lame and took me to a boring page on Wikipedia. Then, I asked Siri who wasn’t much help either. She apologized for not knowing who Carmen Sandiego was and offered to launch a Google search.
- Do you know Pig Latin?
indKay ofyay. Iyay ustjay eviewedray ityay.
- What book(s) did you enjoy as a child?
Books. ♥ When I was in elementary school, book-wise, the Fear Street series was my everything. Within that series, the ones about the Fier family were my absolute favorites. This is all quite odd because I don’t like scary things, but as a kid I read a lot of Stephen King and other horror novels.
- What are your vices?
Being a perfectionist and being a bit messy.
- Coffee or tea?
- Who is your favourite philosopher or inspirational figure and why?
I’m a huge fan of Thoreau these days ♥ ♥ ♥. There’s also Ida B. Wells. In terms of living people, I admire Lisa Bloom and Ruth Bader Ginsburg so much. Anyway, for years, Alexander Hamilton has been, somewhat jokingly, my historical figure of choice (crush), but…his spot is in danger because of Thoreau.
- If you were given the opportunity to go to another galaxy, would you?
I don’t know. It depends. As a teen, I was interested in building aircraft, but not really traveling in them…
- What is your favorite classical piece?
Perhaps this shouldn’t count because it’s a baroque piece, but I love Pachelbel’s Canon in D. It’s incredibly famous, so there’s not much to say, but it is featured in my favorite movie, The Classic, which I mentioned above.
- You have 5 minutes to escape your burning house, what is the first thing you decide to grab?
My bag. I’ll grab my bag first and put my phone, computer, their chargers, etc. in it. 5 minutes is a long time.
- If you had to choose one book that you would not mind reading over and over again, what would that be?
I love reading and I love books, but I absolutely detest rereading. I’ve never—i.e. not once, ever—voluntarily reread a novel. However, if I were forced to choose I’d pick the shortest “book” I could find, probably two pieces of papers stapled together with a single word between them. FYI: my favorite book is Caleb’s Crossing ♥ and I recommend it to everyone, but I will probably never reread it in its entirety.
- What is your favorite thing to eat when you are feeling blue?
I’m not a comfort eater. If I’m feeling blue, I don’t want to eat anything, but I like sweet things (e.g. frappuccinos and red velvet cake), cold things (e.g. green tea ice cream), Korean things (e.g. bibimbap) and tea.
- What is your spirit animal?
- If money was not an issue, what would you choose to do for the rest of your life for free?
Run a charity. Practice law. Teach. Attend concerts. Play music. Travel. Read books. Learn languages. Open a cafe or stationery/bookstore. Open a school. Give out scholarships. Invest in start-ups. Keep learning.
- If you were to direct and produce a film of any genre, who would you like to be part of the cast?
I’m not sure about the specifics, but I would make sure that my cast was diverse.
- What is your favorite show at this very moment?
It’s childish, but Running Man (런닝맨) is my favorite. I’ve loved it since it started.
- If you had one thing left to say before you jumped off of a plane, not knowing if you’d be able to survive it, what would it be?
“Bye. ^^” Hopefully, I wouldn’t leave important things to the last minute.
- What is your favorite scent?
Ecoya’s Vanilla Bean candle.
- What is one thing you always have to have with you when you travel?
My debit card as well as a Kindle, a camera and sometimes a gnome.
- If you could re-do something in your life, if given that chance, what would it be?
You know what they say. “Je ne regrette rien” (listen to Edith Piaf). It’s not true, but since I can’t re-do things and since I’ve made so many mistakes that it would be hard to pick one thing to do over, I’ll go with nothing.
- Favorites first. ♥ What’s your favorite color (be as specific as possible; give a hex code if you can), your favorite number, your favorite drink, your favorite flavor, and your favorite time?
- When it comes to pens and pencils, what’s your thickness of choice: .18, .3, .38, .5, .7, or .9 mm?
- What’s one of the most important things you’ve learned?
- What’s something you do differently than most people? (question from Marc Chernoff’s “50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind”)
- When did you begin blogging? Why did you start and why do you continue?
- What’s something you could never give up?
- What’s something you’ve given up?
- If you could be any age, how old would you be?
- Orange is the new black, fifty’s the new thirty, comedy is the new rock ‘n’ roll, ____ is the new ____. What’s in, what’s out, and why is it being replaced? (question from U of Chicago’s undergraduate application)
- List 7 or 17 words words that you love.
- Let’s finish with a recommendation. Recommend something, anything.
Most of those who I wish to tag have already done this. ^^; I’m only going to specifically tag Liv, but if you’d like to win the Liebster again or would simply like to answer the questions above, please do. ♥
Follow me on Bloglovin’. Thanks.